One Gift. One Goal. Together We Can.
For the 2020-2021 school year, the One Community Campaign—the joint fundraising effort between each of our school’s PTOs and the Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation (MPAEF)— starts August 1 and ends October 2, 2020. It funds vital programs and staff at all four schools in our district: Encinal, Laurel, Oak Knoll and Hillview. Our goal is 100% participation from all families and we encourage you to donate at whatever level is possible for you. The suggested donation is $2,000 per student - the first $250 goes to your child’s PTO and the remainder to the MPAEF.
To learn more and make your donation starting August 1, 2020, please visit www.supportmpcsd.org.
Your donations help fund critical programs for students at Encinal, Laurel, Oak Knoll and Hillview including:
- Excellence in teaching:
- Funding 27 additional teachers that allow for smaller class sizes and enriched specialist programs;
- Long term investment in hiring high-quality teachers and supporting them with professional development to ensure the best learning experience possible for students.
- Distance-learning support:
- Leveraging existing investments in technology and infrastructure such as Dreambox, Lexia, Altitude, Google Classroom, and many more to quickly transition to at-home learning;
- Supporting hundreds of under-represented district families with learning tools—including internet access and computers—for EVERY student in need.
- A mental health safety net including 10 counselors across all schools, which will be particularly critical as students return to the classroom.