MPAEF Endowment for Excellence in Teaching
The MPAEF Endowment for Excellence in Teaching is designed to be a permanent, self-sustaining fund that will ensure the legacy we all worked so hard to create can continue at the same level of excellence for generations to come.
Since its establishment in 2003, the Endowment has contributed over $800,000 toward crucial partnerships, programs and professional development fostering 21st century teaching and learning. Our District is committed to being an influential leader in K-8 education by continually focusing on our six core values of excellence, innovation, engagement, leadership, partnership and perseverance. Your support of our Endowment allows MPCSD to continue this endeavor, laying a foundation of success for our students.
Laurel Teacher, Grant Conour, has this to say about the Professional Development he has received, due to the support of generous donors to the Endowment:
“Professional development provides teachers with the support and, most critically, the time they need to thoughtfully create and implement curriculum which gives students agency and ownership of their own learning. Designing instruction which strikes that delicate balance between guiding students and giving them the elbow room they need to put themselves in the driver’s seat is never easy, but ultimately always worth it.”
Planned gifts and contributions of all sizes are welcome to help grow the Endowment. Please consider making a tax-deductible gift to the MPAEF Endowment for Excellence in Teaching today. To make a donation, click here.
The Gift that Keeps on Giving
- Donor Opportunities: Because Endowment gifts are invested in perpetuity, gifts can serve as a permanent tribute to the donor and recipient.
- Financial Stability: As the Endowment grows; a stable source of long-term funding for the Endowment is created easing annual financial pressures.
- Generational Equity: An Endowment allows MPAEF to meet the needs of future generations for years to come creating a strong and vibrant community.
Endowment Update Reports
To get the latest information about the Endowment, please click here to view the Foundation's Annual Reports.
Endowment Investment Committee
The Endowment Investment Committee assists the Board of Directors in fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities for prudent investment of the funds by determining the asset allocation targets, selecting the underlying funds and reviewing the spending policy in conjunction with our Consultant. Please see the list of current members below:
- Gaurang Desai: Linden Advisors, Investment Committee Chair & Former District Parent
- Katherine Armstrong: Cambridge Associates, Inc., District Parent
- Mari Chazen: Treasury Curve LLC & Former District Parent
- Jeff Child: Former Menlo Park City School District Trustee & Former District Parent
- Grant Lee: Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management & Former District Parent
- Grant Matthews: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management & District Parent
- Olga Pulido-Crowe: Former District Parent
- Sunil Shah: BlackRock & Former District Parent
- David Breiner, Cambridge Associates, Inc.
- Rick Wurster, Charles Schwab & District Parent
If you wish to donate stock to the Endowment, please instruct your broker to transfer shares directly to the MPAEF's account at Charles Schwab & Co.:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
Account #: 1167-3088
DTC #0164 Code 40
To ensure your transaction is properly acknowledged, please also contact the MPAEF Office at email@example.com or (650) 325-0100 and include the following information: 1) date of your transfer, 2) the name of the stock, 3) the number of shares you intend to donate and, 4) how you would like to be acknowledged. If you don't let us know this information we will be unable to send you a receipt and acknowledge your donation.
For More Information
Please contact the MPAEF Office at (650) 325-0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.