The mission of the MPAEF funded Jeanie Ritchie Grant is to enable teachers to pursue innovative teaching programs in their classroom, grade or school and provide educational experiences that students would otherwise not be able to have. The grant program began in 1984 to honor Jeanie Ritchie, one of MPAEF's founders. The grants funds are a part of the annual grant provided by MPAEF to the school district and are an important part of the Foundation’s motto, "Investing in Education. Together."
District teachers have been applying for these Grants for over 35 years. Each year, teachers with unique teaching concepts prepare a comprehensive proposal and present their idea to the Jeanie Ritchie Grant committee who evaluate the proposal to see if it meets the program's three key qualities of innovation, curriculum enhancement and sustainability. And each year, the program grows. In the first grant cycle during the 1984-1985 school year, 8 projects were funded with a total of $2,200. Last year (2020-2021), 21 grant projects were funded with over $39,000 in funding! CLICK HERE to read an article from The Almanac about the 2020-2021 grant awardees.
Jeanie Ritchie Innovation Grants for the 2021-2022 School Year:
We are pleased to announce that there is $35,000 in funding available for innovative projects during the 2021-2022 school year. If you are a teacher, MPCSD staff or student that is interested in applying, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Review the 2021-2022 Call for Applications document and the Grant Review Rubric to know how grants are evaluated and email us with any questions. Also, CLICK HERE to check out a few successful grant applications from the past.
- Fill out a 2021-2022 grant application and submit via e-mail to email@example.com by October 10, 2021. You will receive an email confirmation once your grant has been successfully submitted.
- The Jeanie Ritchie Grant Committee will review your grant application. The committee is comprised of parents from each school in the district, a teacher representative from each school in the district and the Director of Curriculum. You may receive questions from the committee to get clarity on your application.
- The committee will hold a Grant Review Meeting on an announced date to review and vote on all grants.
- The MPAEF and Superintendent will decide to grant or deny grant funding.
- You will receive an email informing you of whether your grant was selected. If selected, instructions will be included in this email.
Grant Timeline for the 2021-2022 School Year:
- Sunday October 10, 2021: Grants application deadline. Please submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, October 22, 2021: Grant review meeting
- By November 1, 2021: Grant notification
If you have any questions about your grant application please feel free to email the Jeanie Ritchie Grant Committee chair.
The Grant Process:
School Principals and Site Councils are playing in integral part in the awarding of Jeanie Ritchie Grants at each school. The Jeanie Ritchie Grant committee chairs will be available to help with grant applications along with the teacher representatives on the committee. We have one at each school and they are are all experienced Jeanie Ritchie grant writers. The idea is to get great ideas to work in classrooms and on District campuses, not to create endless paperwork for our busy teachers and staff!
- 2021-2022 Call for Applications
- 2021-2022 Jeanie Ritchie Innovation Grant Application
- Grant Review Rubric
- Past Successful Grant Applications